Re: Problem calling Oracle procedure from BizTalk

From: John Hurley <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2009 01:49:47 -0700 (PDT)

On Aug 7, 11:20 am, KevinS <Sear..._at_googlemail.com> wrote:

snip

> Hello,
>
> I hope this is the right group for this.
>
> We are trying to extract data from an Oracle 10.2.0.1.0 database using
> BizTalk 2009.
>
> We have created a procedure that returns the data though a parameter
> of type ref cursor which we plan to call through a recieve port.
>
> In the development environment this works, or at least we can get the
> meta data, but at run time this errors with a system not supported
> error, despite the fact that Microsoft claim it should work.
>
> I appreciate this is not purely an Oracle issue but has anyone come
> across this before?

From the oracle database perspective the first thing to think about is your database level 10.2.0.1 is the base release and has had a ton of maintenance on it. Currently 10.2.0.4 is the highest available patchset although 10.2.0.5 should be out "soon" ... so you might really want to put the 10.2.0.4 patchset on. Read the instructions carefully it needs to go in as both software changes and be applied within the database.

I don't do much at all in the microsoft world but can you get this type of call to work on the biztalk server without going thru biztalk? Like a small C++ app that makes the same type of call? That might help you rule out biztalk ( whatever that is ). Received on Sat Aug 08 2009 - 03:49:47 CDT

Original text of this message