Re: Do you use ASSM (Automatic Segment Space Management)?

From: Noons <>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 17:07:43 -0700 (PDT)

On Aug 5, 6:14 pm, Randolf Geist <> wrote:

> It's not clear from your output if you've followed the OP's
> description to perform the final insert from a different session,
> after the deletion of all rows from the table in the first session.
> This might make a significant difference.

Second insert was from a different session and it makes no difference whatsoever, at least in my system.
Running in AIX 5.3, with following patches applied: 5386204,6455161,5556081,5557962

Like kevin said: I suspect this has more to do with undo/locking than ASSM itself.
Like you said: we really need a scripted session to be able to reproduce the problem. Received on Wed Aug 05 2009 - 19:07:43 CDT

Original text of this message