Re: "'Resultcache" effect in ??

From: Matthias Hoys <>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 22:07:30 +0200

"jlchiappa" <> wrote in message
> _at_joel : no , sorry, I forget to say, but the stats are up to date and
> collected in full, so (imho) this would not occur..
> _at_jg, even with we execute the same SQL with the same values the first
> execution is "slow" and the sub-sequent execution is fast, so no, bvp
> could explain the case with diferent values but not this.
> Regards,
> Chiappa

What if you do the following:

- restart the instance
- execute and time the query
- reboot the Solaris server and start the instance
- execute and time the query

If the second query is faster than the first one, the data is probably cached by the SAN. If not, the OS cache is probably playing a role.

Matthias Received on Tue Jul 28 2009 - 15:07:30 CDT

Original text of this message