Re: Newbie: 10g or 11g?

From: Helma <helma.vinke_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 14:17:12 -0700 (PDT)

On Jul 24, 11:28 pm, Rusty <russk..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> Reading through everyone's posts I want to first thank you for what
> I've learned already.
>
> I'm hoping someone might have an opinion about where to start with
> certification. Would you suggest starting with 10g or 11g? I'll be
> using these DB skills to support a GIS deployment but thought I would
> get certified while I'm learning.
>
> Suggestions?
>
> Thanks!
>
> -Russ

Try to find out what they are using in your area. I have seen shops that use oracle 8 today ( and i am working at a ora9 shop), so don't go for 11 only for the sake of having the latest version. You might go for Ora10 so after a 'new features' course you'll have both certifications. Received on Sun Jul 26 2009 - 16:17:12 CDT

Original text of this message