Re: Removing multiple inventories

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 11:42:45 -0700 (PDT)

On Jul 24, 6:03 am, Chloe C <ch..._at_mcrowdd.plus.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> for reasons I don't fully understand, some of our oracle servers have
> wound up with two (or in one case three) set of inventory files (one
> for database, one for EM agent). This has the effect that enterpise
> manager doesn't report the full picture on servers, and applying
> patchsets becomes problematic as OUI doesn't know about one of the
> oracle homes.
>
> Is there any way of fixing these problem? Presumably the inventories
> can be merged manually as they are XML files, but this looks like
> quite a high risk operation!
>
> Chloe

I don't know much about windows, but I do seem to recall there is an oracle home selector where you can tell OUI which home to look at. This is probably more accurate, found with a quick google: http://dbaspot.com/forums/oracle-server/333986-oracle-home-selector-not-available-10-2-a.html and http://stanford.edu/dept/itss/docs/oracle/10g/em.101/b12140/3_oui_oracle_homes.htm

The EM stuff is described in detail in the advanced configuration manual, but that is beyond me. Perhaps if you describe your installation, configuration and problems of EM in more detail we can help more. There's also a specific forum on forums.oracle.com for it.

I have the idea it is pretty normal (or perhaps an easy mistake) to have multiple oracle homes on a windows box, but since my work box got upgraded I'm back to just xe and all windows details have fled my brain.

Here's a little introduction to this group: http://dbaoracle.net/readme-cdos.htm

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.