Re: ISO techniques for providing select/update/insert/delete operational access to SharePoint applications

From: mhoys <matthias.hoys_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 01:04:24 -0700 (PDT)

On Jul 21, 3:58 pm, "Larry W. Virden" <lvir..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> While I certainly know that .Net type applications, with appropriate
> set up, can access Oracle tables, what about simplier, more out of the
> box applications such as SharePoint and InfoPath? Are there techniques
> that a SharePoint user who understands how to do some basic SQL can
> use to interact with Oracle tables?

Hello,
I believe Sharepoint only works with MS SQL Server databases. But you could define a "linked server" to your Oracle database in SQL Server and access the Oracle tables like this. You will probably need to install the Oracle Net client software on the SQL Server box, and create an Oracle Net alias to the Oracle database instance.

Matthias Received on Fri Jul 24 2009 - 03:04:24 CDT

Original text of this message