Re: Your Take on Oracle JDBC Drivers

From: <kuassi.mensah_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 09:53:57 -0700 (PDT)

On Jul 21, 1:30 am, Sabine Dinis Blochberger <no.s..._at_here.invalid> wrote:
> stevedhow..._at_gmail.com wrote:
> > On Jul 20, 4:41 am, Sabine Dinis Blochberger <no.s..._at_here.invalid>
> > wrote:
>
> > > I don't think so.

> > > If Oracle were to make a survey, they'd put it on their own domain.
> > > Shocking, isn't it?
>
> > > (The OP is probably just fishing for data)
>
> > I highly doubt Kuassi is "fishing for data".  He is a respected leader
> > at Oracle Corp., and one of their lead developers on...surprise...JDBC
> > related products.
>
> > See the following book reference for evidence of his expertise...
>
> >http://www.amazon.com/Oracle-Database-Programming-Using-Services/dp/1...
> > 1 1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1248106769&sr=8-1
>
> Allright. But since Usenet has no authentication scheme, it is easy to
> spoof, and I personally haven't had any experience with Kuassi.
>
> If he had posted an Oracle site that points to the survey, I would have
> been more trusting ;)

Hi,

Sorry if the use of Google document form casts a doubt on the authenticity of this survey. I should have added my name to the form. You can see the survey on the JDBC download page http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/tech/java/sqlj_jdbc/index.html as well as on the OTN JDBC portal http://www.oracle.com/technology/tech/java/sqlj_jdbc/index.html. Thanks for those who confirm my identity and the authenticity of the survey.

Cheers. Received on Tue Jul 21 2009 - 11:53:57 CDT

Original text of this message