Re: Help: How do i know which sql is a session executing if user is using PL/SQL?

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 10:10:47 -0700 (PDT)

On Jul 18, 6:11 am, Edward <edwardnin..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> We are using Oracle 10g2
>
> One of the session is showing wait as "db file sequential read", but
> from v$session and v$sqltext, i can only see he is executing

So it's using an index to access - do you think that is a bad thing? Is something running slower than you would expect?

> BEGIN package_name.procedure_name('xxx', 'yyyy'); END;
>
> How could you digging further to see which SQL is he executing, so we
> can further tune the sql?
>
> Thanks for your help

Have you tried EM? Anything that runs for more than a few seconds I can usually grab a nice explain plan, drilling from the top sessions screen. I have the known worst offenders tacked up on my cube wall. dbconsole is just there for you to use, if you've configured properly.

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
Irony!  http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stories/2009/jul/18/1b18kindle221452-amazon-deletes-2-classics-kindle-/?uniontrib