Re: possible nomination for oracle wtf

From: Ruud de Koter <nobody_at_internet.org>
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2009 21:50:42 +0200

John Hurley schreef:
> I would have thought or perhaps wished that any Oracle ACE would have
> been well aware of the dangers in exception handling with the when
> others clause gets invoked. It's not exactly a new concept here.

As I read the blog she clearly is aware of those dangers. She only describes her surprise at finding this in real production code. A surprise that, being an Oracle ACE or not, should be quite familiar to anyone working as a DBA. It wouldn't be the slight touch of irony that made you mistake her blog, would it?

Regards,

Ruud de Koter. Received on Sun Jul 19 2009 - 14:50:42 CDT

Original text of this message