Re: possible nomination for oracle wtf

From: John Hurley <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2009 11:06:42 -0700 (PDT)

On Jul 19, 8:23 am, sybra..._at_hccnet.nl wrote:

snip

> You shouldn't bash her, and even if you would like to bash her you
> should do that on her blog, not here. It exposes you as a coward.

Perhaps ... just perhaps ... this was already commented on at her blog. That would though require you to actually look and check on what was said there ... instead of throwing around accusations.

Actually my posting was directed toward a system about to go live with time bombs just waiting to potentially cause havoc. I don't know who the blogger is either professionally or personally except that they are somehow an Oracle ACE.

I would have thought or perhaps wished that any Oracle ACE would have been well aware of the dangers in exception handling with the when others clause gets invoked. It's not exactly a new concept here. Received on Sun Jul 19 2009 - 13:06:42 CDT

Original text of this message