Re: possible nomination for oracle wtf

From: Mladen Gogala <mladen_at_bogus.email.invalid>
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2009 11:13:23 +0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 18 Jul 2009 16:21:59 -0700, hpuxrac wrote:

> This is from a blog of someone that I think is ( perhaps ) an Oracle ACE
>
> http://prodlife.wordpress.com/
>
> So they have a system going live "soon" with EXCEPTION when others
> apparently all over the place. Looks like it started blowing up ... and
> surprise ... they don't know why.
>
> Too bad no one has ever warned about what happens with systems built
> like this eh?

I don't think that Chen Shapira, whose blog that is, doesn't know the dangers of the "catch 22 handler". She may have worded this thing a bit clumsily but my impression of her is that she is quite a knowledgeable person. I don't know her personally so I cannot substantiate my claim based on the personal experience, that is my impression only. She should not be judged as a novelist, she's just a DBA. I like her blog which is on my blog roll.

--
http://mgogala.freehostia.com