Re: possible nomination for oracle wtf

From: <>
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2009 17:16:04 -0700 (PDT)

On Jul 18, 7:21 pm, hpuxrac <> wrote:
> This is from a blog of someone that I think is ( perhaps ) an Oracle
> ACE ...
> So they have a system going live "soon" with EXCEPTION when others
> apparently all over the place.  Looks like it started blowing up ...
> and surprise ... they don't know why.
> Too bad no one has ever warned about what happens with systems built
> like this eh?

The blogger should be thankful (to some extent) that at least they know an error occurred in the procedure. I had to write query last week to plovide to development all PL/SQL source that had a "exception when others then null" "handler".

I found 133 occurrences :( Received on Sat Jul 18 2009 - 19:16:04 CDT

Original text of this message