Licensing question

From: Chuck <>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 13:51:33 GMT

I know this is not the best place to ask this question but I have not been able to find a clear answer on metalink and have not received a reply or call back from oracle sales on this thought I've been trying for a couple of days now.

I have several machines that are overpowered for the database instances running on them. I'd like to shut of or remove CPU's. Can I legally do that to reduce my licensing cost? The platform is Solaris sparc, Oracle 10.2.

TIA Received on Thu Jul 16 2009 - 08:51:33 CDT

Original text of this message