Re: Running Oracle RAC 11g and Data Guard across two data centres

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 14:35:05 -0700 (PDT)

On Jul 14, 10:23 pm, DG problem <skatef..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> SNIP
>

> > > Any other tips or criticisms?
>
> > > Thanks
>
> > Try doing some research on geo clusters and RAC ... lots of
> > complications and problems when trying to run an application on RAC
> > clusters more than "so far" apart ...
>
> >http://christianbilien.wordpress.com/2007/04/17/rac-geographical-clus...
>
> Hi John,
>
> Thanks for the link. I'll do some research on how people run RAC. I'm
> curious to see if anyone runs it between data centres located in the
> same city.

http://antapex.org/Extended_RAC_1.pdf

Found with google, no idea if they've thrown it out since. But it does give some customer names to research. Big, expensive sites, looks like.

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stories/2009/jul/15/1b15guitars223219-united-faces-music/?business&zIndex=132156