Re: From Cobol+Db2 To Oracle

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 05:40:28 -0700 (PDT)

On Jul 14, 11:27 am, Revenge <amast..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have some Cobol procedures that use DB2 as database.
>
> I need to convert/export/migrate/embed these procedures into Oracle
> (database and procedures)
>
> Reading on internet (forums and newsgroups) I think that it could be
> done using Pro*Cobol + Net Express
>
> Could anoyone tell me how it works? (i didn't find any detailed
> information)
> I tried to run procob.exe on a cobol source file and it creates 2
> files (.lis and .cbl)
> There's a file "makeit.bat" that runs procob... and then cobol.exe and
> cbllink.exe that I think are in Net Express
>
> Could anoyone explain me how does it works and if is it possible to
> use cobol code into pl/sql procedures?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>   Revenge

You may want to look at the Oracle Migration Workbench which is a free tool Oracle provides that assists in migrating code from other databases to Oracle:

http://www.oracle.com/technology/tech/migration/workbench/index.html

It should be of use for migrating database table triggers, stored procedures and functions, and DDL.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Wed Jul 15 2009 - 07:40:28 CDT

Original text of this message