From Cobol+Db2 To Oracle

From: Revenge <amastrol_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 08:27:04 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,

I have some Cobol procedures that use DB2 as database.

I need to convert/export/migrate/embed these procedures into Oracle (database and procedures)

Reading on internet (forums and newsgroups) I think that it could be done using Pro*Cobol + Net Express

Could anoyone tell me how it works? (i didn't find any detailed information)
I tried to run procob.exe on a cobol source file and it creates 2 files (.lis and .cbl)
There's a file "makeit.bat" that runs procob... and then cobol.exe and cbllink.exe that I think are in Net Express

Could anoyone explain me how does it works and if is it possible to use cobol code into pl/sql procedures?

Thanks in advance,
  Revenge Received on Tue Jul 14 2009 - 10:27:04 CDT

Original text of this message