Re: Business Objects performance

From: John Hurley <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 06:44:50 -0700 (PDT)

On Jul 8, 5:17 am, Helma <helma.vi..._at_hotmail.com> wrote:

snip

> I need to improve the performance of Business Objects reports.
> Whenever I look when the database is on it knees there is a B.O.
> report running which causes it.
>
> For trendanalysis and tuningsimpact, I need to know how long and how
> often each report runs every month. That information cannot be
> obtained in B.O. itself. Did anyone solve this problem before?

Well you probably already know that in many cases people setup standby database and direct business intelligence reporting activities against a system like that.

Once you start giving end users direct ability to kick off things like this against a live production OLTP database ... whenever they want to ... it is very hard to attempt to regain control unless you get some very strong management backing from operational areas that are getting impacted negatively. Received on Mon Jul 13 2009 - 08:44:50 CDT

Original text of this message