Oracle 8i, copy database on new server and replay redologs
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2009 19:35:25 +0200
I have an Oracle database 8i on a Win2003 Server (named SRV1). The database is in archive log mode.
The backup is done with :
- a "cold backup" every night by the copy of all the files : all the dbf datafiles, control files, redolog file and init file.
- There are two exports by day with the tool EXP.
I have an another server (sort of backup server) named SRV2 with the same installation of Oracle 8i ; The same instance name, the same paths for the files : .dbf, .ctl, redo and init.ora .
I can copy all the files of my cold backup from SRV1 to my second server SRV2 and start the instance with the commande : ALTER DATABASE OPEN RESETLOGS; In this case I have my database in state of the last cold backup.
My question is : Can I replay the archived redologs of the day ?
- I have a cold backup of the last night : 01h00 AM.
- My production base crash at 12h00 PM.
- From 01h00 AM to 12h00 PM, 20 redologs have been archived and save on a network share.
--> If I copy my cold backup (from 01h00) on the second server SRV2 and all the archived redo logs to this server (20 files) can tell to Oracle to replay the archived logs on the cold backup before open it ? I have tried to do a recover database but nothing happen.
Is it possible to do it ?
Thanks a lot
Fabrice Received on Wed Jul 08 2009 - 12:35:25 CDT