Re: Basic Scripts for Database Administration

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 15:18:50 -0700 (PDT)

On Jul 2, 5:08 pm, exazonk <exaz..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 3, 3:18 am, Tony Sequeira <nob..._at_127.0.0.1> wrote:
>

> > joel garry wrote:
> > > [...]
> > > And of course, Burleson and/or his minions will potentially email,
> > > phone and/or threaten to sue anyone who says anything they consider
> > > bad about him.  He's done all those to me, because I have no fear of
> > > calling BS, though normally I've tried to take the middle ground and
> > > try to show some reason in these kinds of debates.  Of course, when
> > > things get really stupid throwing more fuel on the fire is
> > > irresistable.  I'm still surprised at times at the level of dislike
> > > these bozos generate.  All the obvious fake users they put out sure
> > > don't help their cause.  Burleson blog is a crackup, though.
>
> > It's hilarious, or was last time I looked a couple of years ago.  Awful
> > thing (awe in it's proper sense), is that he's deadly serious.  Mind
> > boggling.
> > --
> > S. Anthony Sequeira
> > ++
> > A real patriot is the fellow who gets a parking ticket and rejoices
> > that the system works.
> > ++
>
> I'm still confused by the redneck content in this link:http://www.dba-oracle.com/redneck.htm
> I guess it may have been covered before in this group? Is it some
> weird sense of humour? Is it for real or has someone hacked his site?

It's real, he does have a twisted sense of humor. He uses it as yet another way to drive search traffic to his site, often linking to it himself in various online posts. I was most bloggled by his posting of various (literally) bloody pictures. My hat is off to the bravery of that, even if TMI.

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
http://richardfoote.wordpress.com/2009/06/30/monterey-and-odtug-kaleidoscope-2009-review/