Re: Usage of double quotes

From: Álvaro G. Vicario <alvaro.NOSPAMTHANX_at_demogracia.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 2009 11:41:07 +0200

guru.bhai.rules_at_gmail.com escribió:
> I have an insert statement that is embedded in a PHP code. It
> basically inserts a JS string. We have lots of single quotes inside
> the string which we replace by double single quotes. It works fine,
> but strangely now, the dev team wants to enclose the whole string in
> double quotes. Is there a way of enclosing the entire string in double
> quotes? I know Oracle doesn't permit using the same.
>

> This is a part of the string -
>
> )+6;pVM=pVF.substring(y,pVF.indexOf(".",y));}}
> else if (window.ActiveXObject && window.execScript){
> window.execScript('on error resume next\npVM=2\ndo\npVM=pVM+1\

If you use the proper functions to escape or bind arguments, Oracle should not care about what's inside your string (beyond charset issues, which is a different story).

Are you sure your problem is not related to HTML/JavaScript? In JavaScript, if you need to insert a double quote in a double quote delimited string, you need to escape with backslashes:

var foo = "y,pVF.indexOf(\".\",y));";

--
-- http://alvaro.es - Álvaro G. Vicario - Burgos, Spain
-- Mi sitio sobre programación web: http://borrame.com