Re: Basic Scripts for Database Administration

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 10:05:38 -0700 (PDT)

On Jul 2, 5:03 am, John Hurley <johnbhur..._at_sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> On Jul 1, 4:39 pm, "achesere" <achesereWithOutT..._at_hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> snip
>
> > John.
>
> > I am curious why did you write  "stay away from anything Burleson"?
>
> > Can you explain why?
>
> > HSR
>
> Just google around some ... it don't take a weatherman to know which
> way the wind is blowing.

Remember John, someone who hasn't followed the history may easily be seduced by the dark side, especially since they target newbies and game the search engines. Someone with fresh eyes could look at specific postings and easily think the sides are evenly matched in technical usefulness.

And of course, Burleson and/or his minions will potentially email, phone and/or threaten to sue anyone who says anything they consider bad about him. He's done all those to me, because I have no fear of calling BS, though normally I've tried to take the middle ground and try to show some reason in these kinds of debates. Of course, when things get really stupid throwing more fuel on the fire is irresistable. I'm still surprised at times at the level of dislike these bozos generate. All the obvious fake users they put out sure don't help their cause. Burleson blog is a crackup, though.

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
So the circus is delaying their setup for the Michael Jackson