ASM disk to physical disk mapping

From: Dan <>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 08:55:29 -0700 (PDT)

Does anyone know how to map an ASM disk that I can see in OEM to its physical drive? I have a disk that is throwing errors via my hardware diagnostic (but no errors yet in Oracle). I would like to identify it in ASM, remove it and rebalance off of it. I know and can see the exact physical disk that is bad, yet I cannot definitively identify what ASM disk maps to that physical disk.

Is there a tool to do this?

For example, my bad disk is disk 1:11 - on Channel 1, Target ID 11, Lun 0. I have 3 disk arrays of 14 disks each, channel 0 and 1 on one controller, channel 0 on another controller. But in my Windows environment when I use Disk Management, I see two disks with Target ID 11, Lun 0. I'm not sure which is the culprit.

Dan Received on Wed Jul 01 2009 - 10:55:29 CDT

Original text of this message