Re: driving_site hint in Materialized View definition

From: Yong Huang <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 13:25:53 -0700 (PDT)

On Jun 27, 9:11 am, "Jonathan Lewis" <jonat..._at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> The driving_site() hint is not legal in "create as select"
> or "insert as select". The select statement has to operate
> at the database where the create or insert takes place.
>
> I think if you search metalink, you'll find a note that makes
> this point - but I don't have a reference to the doc ID.

Metalink Note:825677.1 says in

insert /* DRIVING_SITE(remote_example_data) */ into example_data select /* DRIVING_SITE(remote_example_data) */ remote_example_data.* from ...

the first driving_site hint, the one after insert, is ignored. That must be the note you're referring to?

Yong Huang Received on Tue Jun 30 2009 - 15:25:53 CDT

Original text of this message