Stale statistics

From: Nag <naga.challa_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 05:29:51 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
We have OLTP system on 10gR2 with RAC (3 nodes) with lot of active tables. Means deletes, inserts and updates. We are only gathering 1% sample statistcs. After bringing the system for couple of hours all the statistics are becoming stale. All our queries use bind varaibles and cursor sharing parameter is set to EXACT.

Because of this only the first time we do hard parse and the plan is set. After that though the statistics are stale, it is still using the same plan.

What kind of impact will be on the system with stale statistcs?

Any input will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Naga Received on Tue Jun 30 2009 - 07:29:51 CDT

Original text of this message