Determing requested parallel slaves

From: Rob Cowell <rjc4687_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 05:04:57 -0700 (PDT)

I'm on 10.2.0.2 EE

As part of some capacity management work I'm trying to ensure I have enough parallel slaves free at certain times to run my big ETL processes without any downgrades. I determine how much I have been using from ASH - yes I know it's not perfect, but it'll do me for now.

I do need to determine how many slaves my SQL is going to ask for. Even with a raft of experienced developers I can appreciate people will make mistakes working this out from the code and plan. I'd like to just log the required slaves during testing. I can see that info in v$px_session, and I assume in a px_trace, but that requires either another session running and then tying the info back to the sql, or some disection of trace files. Both possible but not very elegant - and I've got to write the code to do it.

Is there any way to see this information after the SQL has run in the session the SQL has run from?

Ta Received on Tue Jun 30 2009 - 07:04:57 CDT

Original text of this message