Stopping a Query taking more time to execute in runtime in Oracle Forms.

From: suraj <surajk.lenka_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 03:18:15 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

In the present application one of the oracle form screen is taking long time to execute a query, user wanted an option to stop the query in between and browse the result (whatever has been fetched before stopping the query).
We have tried three approach.
1. set max fetch record in form and block level. 2. set max fetch time in form and block level. in above two method does not provide the appropiate solution for us. 3. the third approach we applied is setting the interaction mode to "NON BLOCKING" at the form level.

It seems to be worked, while the query took long time to execute, oracle app server prompts an message to press Esc to cancel the query and it a displaying the results fetched upto that point.

But the drawback is one pressing esc, its killing the session itself. which is causing the entire application to collapse. Please suggest if there is any alternative approach for this or how to overcome this perticular scenario.

This kind of facility is alreday present in TOAD and PL/SQL developer where we can stop an executing query and browse the results fetched upto that point, is the similar facility is avialable in oracle forms ,please suggest.

Thanks and Regards,
Suraj Received on Tue Jun 30 2009 - 05:18:15 CDT

Original text of this message