Re: Anyone using nagios?

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 20:13:14 -0700 (PDT)

On Jun 30, 6:40 am, hpuxrac <johnbhur..._at_sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> If so what do you think about it?
>
> Are you using it only on linux systems or across multiple unix systems
>
> How useable is the alerting and monitoring?
>
> How long have you been using it and is it something that your IT
> operations area is able to work with?
>
> Thanks in advance.

Have used it in Linux for a couple of years and now in AX for 3 years. IT ops loves it: simple, easy to maintain, goes about the job without fuss and minimal disturbance.
We've got it checking major factors in all the AIX, Sun and Linux boxes. Sends SMS if it's a critical alert. To use with Oracle, you'll need to roll your own scripts or download a library of the same. Not a major problem, rolling your own is simplicity itself.

Highly recommended. Received on Mon Jun 29 2009 - 22:13:14 CDT

Original text of this message