Re: initial value on create table/index statement

From: John Hurley <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 12:14:00 -0700 (PDT)

On Jun 26, 5:46 pm, DEV <sdp..._at_gmail.com> wrote:

snip

> > > Is there a way to change the value of "inital" in "create table" or
> > > "create index" during imp?  Pre-creating table is not an option here.
> > > I am taking a export dump with rows=n from production and importing it
> > > into dev/QA and since the production tables/indexes have larger values
> > > for "inital", it takes a lot of storage.  Is there a way to create
> > > tables/indexes with smaller inital values during import?
> > > Thanks,
> > > Dev
>
> > What oracle versions are you going to/from in the export/import
> > process?
>
> > How are the relevant tablespaces defined in the to/from process?
>
> Both are on same version (10.2.0.3) and defined the same way.
> EXTENT MANAGEMENT LOCAL AUTOALLOCATE
> BLOCKSIZE 8K
> SEGMENT SPACE MANAGEMENT AUTO
You might consider uniform extent sizing in the target tablespace (s) ... been a while now since I played with import in that situation. Any reason you are staying away from impdp?

Another possible approach and much more flexible is to use dbms_metadata to extract out schema based ddl ... I do a bunch of stuff that way. Then you can get individual files created per table if you wish and push as much as you want into some kind of offline editing/fixing process. Received on Mon Jun 29 2009 - 14:14:00 CDT

Original text of this message