Re: initial value on create table/index statement

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 06:32:45 -0700 (PDT)

On Jun 26, 5:52 pm, DEV <sdp..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jun 26, 2:46 pm, DEV <sdp..._at_gmail.com> wrote:

> > > What oracle versions are you going to/from in the export/import
> > > process?
>
> > > How are the relevant tablespaces defined in the to/from process?
>
> > Both are on same version (10.2.0.3) and defined the same way.
> > EXTENT MANAGEMENT LOCAL AUTOALLOCATE
> > BLOCKSIZE 8K
> > SEGMENT SPACE MANAGEMENT AUTO
>
> Sorry for the upper case on my last post.  I wasn't shouting.  It was
> due to copy/paste...- Hide quoted text -

You might consider just performing alter table move and alter index rebuild commands on the empty tables after the import. You can reset the initial extent allocation value on moves and rebuilds. The commands are easy to generate. As long as you have enough space to handle the initial allocation this should work.

Then I would notify the exporter that on all future exports you want compress=n set.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Mon Jun 29 2009 - 08:32:45 CDT

Original text of this message