Re: UNDO Issue

From: The Magnet <art_at_unsu.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 06:12:25 -0700 (PDT)

On Jun 25, 7:09 am, ddf <orat..._at_msn.com> wrote:
> Comments embedded.
>
> On Jun 24, 4:16 pm, The Magnet <a..._at_unsu.com> wrote:
>

> > Hmm...seems pretty annoying.  I mean, to me, autoextend with a max
> > size unlimited means it can just grow until the disk is filled.
>
> Not necessarily.  Some older file system types in UNIX can limit the
> size of a single file to 2 GB, which would cause autoextend to stop
> even though you have set maxsize to unlimited ( a mistake in my
> estimation ).
>
> > Autoextend having a size limit defeats the meaning of max size
> > unlimited, unless I am missing something.
>
> You set one, or the other, as they are mutually exclusive and I, for
> one, would never set autoextend on and set maxsize to unlimited,
> ever.  And as I mentioned above you may be using a file system which
> limits the size of a single file to 2 GB.
>
> You have a few things to check before you can determine why, exactly,
> this error is occurring.

> David Fitzjarrell

Well, setting COMMIT=Y seemed to help as the import finished. The table was roughly 86,000,000 rows. So, that would take a while to complete.

Also, I turned off archiving. And although I truncated some of the tables, the indexes may have been there, which may have been a factor....

Thanks! Received on Thu Jun 25 2009 - 08:12:25 CDT

Original text of this message