Re: UNDO Issue

From: ddf <>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 05:09:15 -0700 (PDT)

Comments embedded.

On Jun 24, 4:16 pm, The Magnet <> wrote:
> Hmm...seems pretty annoying.  I mean, to me, autoextend with a max
> size unlimited means it can just grow until the disk is filled.

Not necessarily. Some older file system types in UNIX can limit the size of a single file to 2 GB, which would cause autoextend to stop even though you have set maxsize to unlimited ( a mistake in my estimation ).

> Autoextend having a size limit defeats the meaning of max size
> unlimited, unless I am missing something.

You set one, or the other, as they are mutually exclusive and I, for one, would never set autoextend on and set maxsize to unlimited, ever. And as I mentioned above you may be using a file system which limits the size of a single file to 2 GB.

You have a few things to check before you can determine why, exactly, this error is occurring.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Thu Jun 25 2009 - 07:09:15 CDT

Original text of this message