Re: UNDO Issue

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 17:14:34 +1000

The Magnet wrote,on my timestamp of 25/06/2009 6:52 AM:

> We're receiving this message: . .
>
> importing table "DAILY_CONSENSUS_HST"
> IMP-00058: ORACLE error 30036 encountered
> ORA-30036: unable to extend segment by 8 in undo tablespace
> 'UNDOTBS_1'
>
> The undo tablespace has auto extend turned on and the file system is
> only 50% full with 59GB free. Why are we getting this?? We have
> free space.......

The UNDO tablespace should not be used much in an import as most of the activity is inserts and these should not cause a lot of undo activity. Are you sure you have dropped all indexes in the table(s) involved and are creating objects from the import itself as opposed to adding to them? Also: make sure all triggers are disabled on such tables or you may inadvertently be doing more than needed.

Commit=y should help.

If you really want to extend the UNDO, then check none of its datafiles has exceeded its maximum file size. Received on Thu Jun 25 2009 - 02:14:34 CDT

Original text of this message