Re: Is the script is the same as the interactive mode?

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 06:17:07 -0700 (PDT)

On Jun 24, 4:49 am, "Karol" <n..._at_mail.com> wrote:
> Hi
> I need to create a script exporting the database in exactly the same way as
> in interactive
>
> Exp in interactive mode:
>
>   $ exp database_user/******
>    Enter array fetch buffer size: 4096 > 30720
>    Export file: expdat.dmp > database.dmp
>    (1)E(ntire database), (2)U(sers), or (3)T(ables): (2)U > 2
>    Export grants (yes/no): yes > n
>    Export table data (yes/no): yes > y
>    Compress extents (yes/no): yes > y
>
>    Export done in US7ASCII character set and AL16UTF16 NCHAR character set
>    server uses EE8ISO8859P2 character set (possible charset conversion)
>    Note: grants on tables/views/sequences/roles will not be exported
>
>    About to export specified users ...
>    User to be exported: (RETURN to quit) > database_user
>
> My script:
>
> exp userid=database_user/passwd parfile=backup.cfg
>
> The contents of the file backup.cfg
>
> BUFFER=30720
> FILE=/opt/backup/database.dmp
> FULL=n
> OWNER=database_user
> GRANTS=n
> COMPRESS=y
>
> Is the script is the same as the interactive mode?

Basically yes. If you specify the owner= parameter you do not need to code full=n.

I would suggest you not compress extents, that is, I always use compress=n because when I import I do not want to automatically allocate enough extents to equal the exported object's allocation size. For one thing it may not need that much space and for another the target database tablespace may have a different storage method (dictionary vs local, auto-allocate vs uniform).

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Wed Jun 24 2009 - 08:17:07 CDT

Original text of this message