Re: Problems loading data into the database using SQL Loader.

From: trub3101 <trub3101_at_sky.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 12:30:40 -0700 (PDT)

On 23 June, 19:53, ddf <orat..._at_msn.com> wrote:
> On Jun 23, 1:38 pm, trub3101 <trub3..._at_sky.com> wrote:

> > > I'll take a guess that you're doing this from a client machine.  What
> > > is the NLS_LANG on the machine where you're running the loader?
>
> > > David Fitzjarrell- Hide quoted text -

> > Thanks for reply David,
>
> > I am actually logged onto the server and running the sql loader
> > process. The NLS_LANG is set to AMERICAN_AMERICA.UTF8
>
> > Cheers,
>
> > TB3101- Hide quoted text -

> We'll need to see your control file and data file.
>
> David Fitzjarrell- Hide quoted text -

Hi David,

Here is the control file:

LOAD DATA
CHARACTERSET UTF8
INFILE '/opt/ora/oracle/oradata/data/xxxx.dat' "str '\n'" BADFILE '/opt/ora/oracle/oradata/xxxx.bad' DISCARDFILE '/opt/ora/oracle/oradata/xxxx.dis' TRUNCATE
INTO TABLE film_film
TRAILING NULLCOLS (

  START_TIME                    DATE "DD/MM/YYYY,HH24:MI:SS,"
TERMINATED BY '^',
  CHANNEL_ID                    CHAR(300)      TERMINATED BY '^',
  REGION_CODE                   CHAR(10)       TERMINATED BY '^',
  TITLE                         CHAR(200)      TERMINATED BY '^',
  PERFORMERS                    CHAR(4000)     TERMINATED BY '^',
  DIRECTOR                      CHAR(150)       TERMINATED BY '^',
  FILM_RATING                   INTEGER EXTERNAL       TERMINATED BY
'^',
  YEAR                          CHAR(15)       TERMINATED BY '^',
  DESCRIPTION                   CHAR(4000)    TERMINATED BY '^',
  PREMIERE                      CHAR(1)       TERMINATED BY '^',
  TV_MOVIE                      CHAR(1)       TERMINATED BY '^',
  FILM_CERTIFICATE              CHAR(10)      TERMINATED BY '^',
  WARNING                       CHAR(200)     TERMINATED BY '^',
  REVIEW_AUTHOR                 CHAR(50)
)

and here is the data file:

30/06/2009 19:00:00^252^^Alien³^Warrant Officer Ripley*Sigourney Weaver|Dillon*Charles S Dutton|Clemens*Charles Dance|Golic*Paul McGann| Superintendent Andrews*Brian Glover|Aaron*Ralph Brown (2)|Morse*Danny Webb|Rains*Christopher John Fields|Junior*Holt McCallany|Bishop II*Lance Henriksen|Murphy*Christopher Fairbank|David *Pete Postlethwaite|William*Clive Mantle^David Fincher^3^1992^Given that the first two films stand up as sci-fi classics in their own right, Se7en director David Fincher, in his feature film debut, had a virtually impossible act to follow with this second sequel. He makes a surprisingly good fist of it, developing the maternal themes of first sequel Aliens and providing an exhilarating final showdown. Sigourney Weaver returns as Ripley, who this time crash-lands on a prison colony where another lethal alien is let loose. A familiar cast of Brits (Charles Dance, Paul McGann, Brian Glover) provides the alien food and, while it isn't in the same class as the first two films, this provides a satisfactory entry in the series. Still, it would have been interesting to see what second-choice director Vincent Ward (of The Navigator: a Medieval Odyssey fame) would have made of it - apparently, he was brought in when Renny Harlin left after script disagreements, but was himself replaced when it emerged that his version of the movie would be set in a monastery and the alien itself wouldn't be appearing. ^N^N^18^Contains violence, swearing and nudity. ^JF

Thanks again for your help,

TB3101 Received on Tue Jun 23 2009 - 14:30:40 CDT

Original text of this message