Re: spamlines

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 09:13:33 -0700 (PDT)

On Jun 23, 8:45 am, Mladen Gogala <mla..._at_bogus.email.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Jun 2009 07:27:36 -0700, ddf wrote:
> > You can send your 'thanks' to google groups; when they acquired these
> > groups they opened the floodgates for anyone to spam them via email
> > (something I don't remember occurring when I was using deja.news to get
> > to this group years ago).  Unless the group is moderated all sorts of
> > spam tumbles through the cracks.
>
> And, if the group is moderated, you have situation like with the Oracle-l,
> where Steve Adams, the glorious protector of morality and a writer of a
> good book about an ancient version, protects the feelings of bozos. In
> my opinion, Steve Adams has completely ruined that list and I will not
> re-subscribe as long as he's the moderator.
> Spam is far less evil than a prudish moderator who stopped working with
> Oracle RDBMS long time ago and whose only real job is to protect the
> feelings of ignorant bozos. In other words, spam is better then
> censorship.
>
> --http://mgogala.fxxx.com

Ironically, I don't participate in oracle-l because it leads directly to spam in whatever email is posted from. I don't think it is completely ruined in spite of Steve, it's worth lurking for nuggets like the recent post explaining TAF. Difficult to read as a digest though, stupid email reply conventions.

My C$erve web site is going away, so I moved my personal web pages to members.cox.net. Now I'm discovering that much nannyware seems to think "members" and "cox" refer to sexually explicit or adult themes by default. I guess if others have the same experience their members won't be very large. The net result will be shrinkage of cox. I sent an inquiry to support asking if they might have some other alias, but they seem to be leaving me hanging.

Fortunately I have other providers.

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
"Monkey drugs turn wombs into clown cars." - 91X comment on Jon & Kate