Re: spamlines

From: Mladen Gogala <mladen_at_bogus.email.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 15:45:00 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 23 Jun 2009 07:27:36 -0700, ddf wrote:

> You can send your 'thanks' to google groups; when they acquired these
> groups they opened the floodgates for anyone to spam them via email
> (something I don't remember occurring when I was using deja.news to get
> to this group years ago). Unless the group is moderated all sorts of
> spam tumbles through the cracks.

And, if the group is moderated, you have situation like with the Oracle-l, where Steve Adams, the glorious protector of morality and a writer of a good book about an ancient version, protects the feelings of bozos. In my opinion, Steve Adams has completely ruined that list and I will not re-subscribe as long as he's the moderator. Spam is far less evil than a prudish moderator who stopped working with Oracle RDBMS long time ago and whose only real job is to protect the feelings of ignorant bozos. In other words, spam is better then censorship.

--
http://mgogala.freehostia.com