Re: about setting connection to local database from EM DBControl configure program through IPC

From: riverdance <esthershensh_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 14:27:45 -0700 (PDT)

On Jun 17, 3:49 am, "Laurenz Albe" <inv..._at_spam.to.invalid> wrote:
> riverdancewrote:
> > HI, Thanks for your reply.
> > sorry did not explain my environment first.
>
> > it's a DHCP machine, but I have installed local loopback adapter, and
> > set IP to fix IP on that adapter.
>
> That's good to know, but some more basic information might give the
> thing more direction, like what operating system you use, what
> version of Oracle you have installed.
> Is there a firewall of some sort?
>
> > but it seems when I tried to TNSPING using tcp , it works, but using
> > SQLPLUS , it hung..
>
> > from the listener log, I found the connection was established on some
> > port.. but why SQLPLUS is hung..
>
> > I think that is the reason, when I tried to configure EM , got hung
> > using TCP..
>
> > but I don't know what caused that hung thourhg SQLPLUS..
>
> That at least is a starting point.
>
> It looks like you can reach the listener, but cannot reach the server.
> This can for example happen if there is a firewall active that blocks
> ports other than the listener port.
>
> - What is the output of "lsnrctl status"?
>
> - If you wait long enough when sqlplus hangs, will it eventually
>   terminate? If yes, what is the error?
>
> - If you enable an Oracle Net Trace (see the Net Services Reference
>   for details), what do you see there?
>
> Yours,
> Laurenz Albe

oh.. yes.. good point.

My system is windows XP , oracle SW is the one I download from oracle site.. oracle 11g enterprise version.

and "lsnrctl status" output is following:

LSNRCTL for 32-bit Windows: Version 11.1.0.6.0 - Production on 21- JUN-2009 17:20
:03

Copyright (c) 1991, 2007, Oracle. All rights reserved.

Connecting to (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=IPC)(KEY=test))) STATUS of the LISTENER

Alias                     LISTENER
Version                   TNSLSNR for 32-bit Windows: Version
11.1.0.6.0 - Produ
ction
Start Date                21-JUN-2009 17:18:44
Uptime                    0 days 0 hr. 1 min. 18 sec
Trace Level               off
Security                  ON: Local OS Authentication
SNMP                      OFF

Listener Parameter File C:\app\xxx\product\11.1.0\db_1\network\admin \liste
ner.ora
Listener Log File c:\app\xxx\diag\tnslsnr\WBWKRIB000023OY \listener\a
lert\log.xml
Listening Endpoints Summary...
  (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=ipc)(PIPENAME=\\.\pipe\testipc)))   (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=ABC.home.com)(PORT=1521))) Services Summary...
Service "orcl" has 1 instance(s).
  Instance "orcl", status READY, has 1 handler(s) for this service...
Service "orclXDB" has 1 instance(s).
  Instance "orcl", status READY, has 1 handler(s) for this service...
Service "orcl_XPT" has 1 instance(s).
  Instance "orcl", status READY, has 1 handler(s) for this service... The command completed successfully

for sqlplus session, I waited a long time, it just hung there, no any error message.

you might be correct, there is firewall setup on my machine.. maybe it's the reason. but wired thing is in listener log file, the message is connection established

at port xxx.

I tried using telnet to that port xxx, it seems port was closed. but I cannot change firewall setting.

and I think I cannot use IPC since it is on windows machines..

so, maybe that's it.

thanks for your help. Received on Sun Jun 21 2009 - 16:27:45 CDT

Original text of this message