Re: Accesses News Group

From: Charles Hooper <hooperc2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 06:35:40 -0700 (PDT)

On Jun 18, 7:11 pm, "Dereck L. Dietz" <diet..._at_ameritech.net> wrote:
> I tried looking into ohttp://www.eternal-september.orgbut it seems that
> AT&T is blocking access to newsgroups.  So it seems that I either change
> ISPs (which I really can't because of old genealogy queries I still get
> replies to) or going the google groups method.

Google Groups usually works quite well. I lost my (unreliable) Usenet feed in 2000 and tried another free Usenet provider for a couple months before completely discontinuing any posting to Usenet newsgroups. I decided to give Google Groups a try in 2006, and decided that the site meets my needs (the search feature is often helpful, allowing to see someone's posts back in 1994, if desired). At the time, there were a few people on this group (and I am sure other groups as well) who completely discounted anything coming from Google Groups users, but that does not bother me.

Charles Hooper
IT Manager/Oracle DBA
K&M Machine-Fabricating, Inc. Received on Fri Jun 19 2009 - 08:35:40 CDT

Original text of this message