Re: Accesses News Group

From: Álvaro G. Vicario <alvaro.NOSPAMTHANX_at_demogracia.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 10:28:41 +0200

Dereck L. Dietz escribió:
> "Dereck L. Dietz" <dietzdl_at_ameritech.net> wrote in message

>> I just received an email informing me that my internet provider is not
>> going to support newsgroups starting the middle of next month though they
>> said some would be "for a fee".
>>
>> I think these groups can also be accessed from the web but I'm not
>> familiar with the URL. Can anybody point me to the appropriate URLs?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

> I tried looking into ohttp://www.eternal-september.org but it seems that
> AT&T is blocking access to newsgroups.

Eternal September has a couple of news servers that use non-standard ports (80 and 443). If AT&T are merely blocking ports, it might be an option (esp. if you stablish an encrypted connection).

 > So it seems that I either change ISPs (which I really can't because of
 > old genealogy queries I still get replies to) or going the google
 > groups method.

Ah, ISP e-mail addresses... At first they always look like a good idea.

--
-- http://alvaro.es - Álvaro G. Vicario - Burgos, Spain
-- Mi sitio sobre programación web: http://borrame.com