Re: Accesses News Group

From: Preston <dontwantany_at_nowhere.invalid>
Date: 17 Jun 2009 20:28:23 GMT

Dereck L. Dietz wrote:

> I just received an email informing me that my internet provider is
> not going to support newsgroups starting the middle of next month
> though they said some would be "for a fee".

Do you mean they're not going to provide a usenet feed themselves, or they're going to block the NNTP ports completely? If the latter, I'd change ISP pronto!

> I think these groups can also be accessed from the web but I'm not
> familiar with the URL. Can anybody point me to the appropriate URLs?
> Thanks.

Assuming you'll still have NNTP access, there are other providers. E.g. is free & fairly reliable, or is 10 euros/year & extremely reliable. Either are far better than any of the web interfaces, but if you /have/ to do it that way,