Re: Issue with Oracle install on Virtual machine

From: CrazyKarma <skalki_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 14:55:27 -0700 (PDT)

On Jun 16, 2:16 pm, Shakespeare <what..._at_xs4all.nl> wrote:
> ddf schreef:

> >> Sorry..should have given more context. The underlying OS is windows
> >> server 2003 edition. The host name starts with USAUxxx_xxxx.. no I
> >> didn't edit the host file name.- Hide quoted text -

> >  You're running Windows on Windows with vmware??
>
> > David Fitzjarrell
>
> Why not? If you want an isolated environment which supports snapshots,
> it's ideal! I run SLES on SLES as well..
>
> Shakespeare- Hide quoted text -

Ok. Folks. I do really appreciate everyone who chipped in to help me out. The resolution though bizzare worked for me was an issue with host name.

 Apparently there is a bug associated with install on machine names that start with letter "U". It doesn't matter if its upper or lower cased. Post changing the name to someting else and redoing the complete installation helped solve the problem. I am surprised by this as many companies name their servers based on locations (USA), it does cross my mind as WTF, oracle can't handle this.

Bug 4714774 DBCONSOLE DOES NOT WORK HAVING A HOSTNAME STARTING WITH "U"
This bug will be fixed in the patchset 10.2.0.2

Thanks and now this data is mapped in my central repository (brain) Received on Tue Jun 16 2009 - 16:55:27 CDT

Original text of this message