Re: Debug ORA-03113 on Oracle XE

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 13:49:16 -0700 (PDT)

On Jun 16, 9:33 am, "Álvaro G. Vicario"
<alvaro.NOSPAMTH..._at_demogracia.com> wrote:
> Álvaro G. Vicario escribió:
>

> > CarlosAL escribió:

> >> Álvaro:
>
> >> Revisa tu 'shared pool'.
>
> >> ¿Tienes cursor_sharing=force?
>
> > Tengo lo que venga de fábrica con el XE. En Google me salen toneladas de
> > documentación. ¿Qué miro?
>
> I've edited this file:
>
> C:\oraclexe\app\oracle\product\10.2.0\server\config\scripts\init.ora

Maybe I've been confused because this is XE, but I don't think that is the correct file. There should be an spfile named C:\oraclexe\app \oracle\product\10.2.0\server\dbs\SPFILEXE.ORA that your db is using, which is not editable. You either have to use alter commands to change stuff, or create a pfile from spfile and edit that, then specify it during the startup, then create spfile from pfile to make it persistent if it works.

> After checking they didn't already exist, I added these directives:
>
> cursor_sharing=force
> shared_pool_size=52428800
>
> Then I restarted the server. Now I can no longer log in into the
> database so I assume I did something wrong...

I suspect you have memory problems. What else is running on the laptop, and how much physical memory does it have? Since sqlplus was working, I'm guessing something besides Oracle was sucking up your memory. There are some mysterious bugs fixed in later versions that may also be involved, perhaps keeping it in sqlplus with no actual results returned just barely doesn't blow memory.

Also, if you get it running again, from the sqlplus as / command line:

show parameter pool

You may need to export your user data and reinstall XE.

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
“Mommy had her 'mad face' on.” - 8 year old testifying about being