Re: Debug ORA-03113 on Oracle XE

From: Maxim Demenko <mdemenko_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 14:06:50 +0200

Álvaro G. Vicario schrieb:
> I have a web application written in PHP that's failing on one computer
> (and only that computer): a laptop that runs the Oracle 10g Express
> Edition. It fails when it executes a specific SELECT query: I get a
> "ORA-03113 end-of-file on communication channel" error and the
> connection drops.
>
> My main concern is that I can't figure out what to do next. It seems
> that ORA-03113 is a very generic error that can happen for lots of reasons.
>
> The query returns no rows with the current data set but it's pretty
> complex (lots of joins and subqueries). However, I only get the
> ORA-03113 error when I run it through PHP and Apache. When I run it from
> SQL Developer I get no error and the results come almost instantly. The
> PHP backtrace doesn't provide additional info. The PHP and Apache
> versions do not seem to matter. There're neither antivirus nor firewall
> in the laptop. If Oracle XE generates further info I don't know where I
> can find it.
>
> Can you suggest me some troubleshooting tips?

The first place where i would look up - alert.log, 3113 should be recorded there as well as the preceding error ( which is very often an ORA-00600 or ORA-07445, an additional trace file should be generated as well ), when you figured out, from which error is the origin of 3113, next step should be Metalink.

Best regards

Maxim

--
Why make things difficult, when it is possible to make them cryptic
and totally illogical, with just a little bit more effort?

Aksel Peter Jørgensen