same sequence as primary key in more than one table

From: student4life <>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 02:26:15 -0700 (PDT)

 For example, I have 'sellers' and 'buyers' both need to authenticate from a database table 'users' with sequence as primary key which is also as primary key in tables 'sellers' and 'buyers' (both have one-to- one relationship with 'users') but I am not sure whether it's good practice to have sequence number jumping alternatively between tables. Could someone inform me what the best practice/design is under the scenario? TIA Received on Mon Jun 15 2009 - 04:26:15 CDT

Original text of this message