Application and Database Connection pooling

From: DeB <debashish.majumdar_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 22:36:11 -0700 (PDT)

Dear All,

We have a J2EE app and are considering the connection pooling options from the Oracle 10g R2 and the J2EE app itself. I've come across posts which warn against using this feature on the application side and letting the connection pool to be managed from the Oracle end only by using the MTS feature.

It that's the case, I would request everyone to let me know the reasons for doing the same. I apologize if I couldn't give you details or specifics about the architecture. The database will be a pure a OLTP one.

Please suggest.

--
Thanks
DeB