From: The Magnet <art_at_unsu.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 14:50:52 -0700 (PDT)

This is a concept that I'm trying to grasp. It happened to us as we had a corrupted index that was throwing an ORA-600 and the index needed to be rebuilt.

The index was tied to a primary key. Rebuilding the index did not help. So, I decided to drop the index and rebuild it. But it would not let me drop it because of the primary key.

So I dropped the constraint, dropped the index, then rebuilt the primary key and all is well.

My misunderstanding is that when you create a primary or unique key, the index is created automatically. So, why when you drop the constraint does the index not go with it? Or the other way? Received on Fri Jun 12 2009 - 16:50:52 CDT

Original text of this message