Nested Materialized View Refresh

From: Veeru71 <m_adavi_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 03:00:40 -0700 (PDT)

Hi
I have the following nested materialized view (MV based on another MV)......

SERVER1

create table TEST (a number(5) primary key not null, b varchar2(30))

SERVER2

create materialized view TEST_MV1
refresh complete on demand with primary key as select a, b from TEST_at_SERVER1

SERVER3

create materialized view TEST_MV2
refresh complete on demand with primary key as select a, b from TEST_MV1_at_SERVER2
  • to refresh on Server-3 begin dbms_mview.refresh('TEST_MV2', 'C', nested=>TRUE) end;

When I refresh TEST_MV2 with 'nested=>TRUE' option as above, my understanding is it is supposed to refresh TEST_MV1 first (from the base table - TEST) and then it should refresh TEST_MV2. Apparently it is doing nothing. It is not even pulling changes from Server-2 to Server-3, leave alone pulling changes from Server-1 to Server-2.

When I refresh TEST_MV2 without 'nested=>TRUE' parameter, it is just refreshing TEST_MV2 which is fine.

What am I missing here with "nested refresh" concept ?

Thanks. Received on Fri Jun 12 2009 - 05:00:40 CDT

Original text of this message