Re: I installed Oracle 11g in my home PC. I am trying to open the Oracle SQL developer. It's asking for Java.exe file. (Enter the full pathname for java.exe ) What I need to do? Please advice.

From: gazzag <gareth_at_jamms.org>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 02:02:53 -0700 (PDT)

On 12 June, 01:15, DK <kumardtha..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am new to Oracle. I installed Oracle 11g in my home PC. I am trying
> to open the Oracle SQL developer. It's asking for Java.exe file.
> (Enter the full pathname for java.exe )
> What I need to do? Please advice.
>
> Thanks,
> DK

Do you have the Java Development Kit (JDK) installed on your PC? You might have downloaded it with SQL Developer. Oracle offers two SQL Developer downloads, one includes the JDK, one doesn't.

Assuming you have the JDK on your computer, you need to find the java.exe file and point SQL Developer at that. For example, mine is::

C:\Program Files\sqldeveloper\jdk\jre\bin\java.exe

HTH -g Received on Fri Jun 12 2009 - 04:02:53 CDT

Original text of this message