Deferred contraints - DDL

From: jeremy <jeremy0505_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 21:01:45 +0100

Hi, following on from the thread earlier about deferred constraints. We are on 10gR2. I was not aware of the feature and have realised this could be very useful for us for some data-load type activities.

As I understand it, in order to be able to alter the sesion and make constrainst deferred, they must be created as "deferrable" and that you cannot simply issue an "alter" command to achieve this.

I was just wondering if (of course to greatly minimise my work :) ) anyone had written a script to run through a schema and generate the DDL to drop and recreated constraints with identical properties but with the deferred option? Actually thinking about that now (as the requirement has kind of crystallised now), it is I would imagine no more than 30 minutes work so no need to reply unless you can really spare the time.

--
jeremy