Re: Question about redo size in dump file and view

From: Jonathan Lewis <>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 20:12:17 +0100

"joel garry" <> wrote in message

The TYP:2 (in CHANGE #1 TYP:2 CLS: 1 AFN:4 DBA:0x0100090f OBJ:70582 SCN: ...) means delayed logging?

If I'm understanding this (unlikely :-) the difference would be previous testing on the block.

It's possible - it's a detail I haven't investigated. I did two inserts one after the other in the same transaction on the same block, and the redo record for the second one was TYP; 0, so you could be right.

The redo record would have to hold the previous contents of the ITL slot that this transaction had take over, so there would have to be a flag to say that this information was in the record.

Jonathan Lewis

Author: Cost Based Oracle: Fundamentals

The Co-operative Oracle Users' FAQ